Feature: St. George Animal Shelter Provides Cozy, Temporary Home









The City of St. George Animal Shelter keeps a clean ship for its daily passengers.
Almost every animal brought into the shelter is spayed or neutered and then able to be put up for adoption. While they wait they are able to enjoy walks with various volunteers and staff members. The animals are also able to run in the play areas to get exercise.
The cat facility is open for all the cats to roam an inside and outside sanctuary.
This is a no kill shelter and offers a pleasant stay for any animal.

I really enjoyed this feature shoot. I definitely believe features and sports are my strong suits. With this particular piece I had several options of photos to choose from but I felt these photos portrayed the message I wanted.


Peer Edit: Matthew Hansen
I felt Matthew provided us with his best work and he portrayed the event well. I didn't feel like I needed to make any major edits. It was a clean, creative shoot.
There were lot of establishing shots, I feel it could have been cut down to one shot to establish the area. I also would have liked to see more facial expression in the audiences faces.
Original
Cropped in to add emphasis in the program. Adjusted brightness and vibrance to give more color.

Original
Adjusted saturation to bring out the rich color of the mountain.

Original
Cropped in to focus on the singer. Adjusted saturation and brightness to bring color
and more light to highlight skin tones.

Original
Adjusted Exposure to even the light and saturation to bring out the rich colors.

Original
If I had the ability I would have kept the entire J in the word Jesus. I adjusted the
exposure and saturation to add light and bring out the color.

Original
I adjusted the curves and contrast to darken some of the areas and draw focus to
the hand. The original photo was excellent as well.

Original
Cropped in to take out some of the non-essential background. I leveled the
exposure to bring a little bit of light to his back.

Original 
I adjusted the exposure, saturation and vibrance to bring out the
rich color of the Tuacahn amphitheater.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Light Portraits

Capturing the Person

The Trapping Sensation of Anxiety